Thursday, October 6, 2011

R.I.P. Steve Jobs

Dear Apple,
I woke up this morning to find out Steve had passed away. I, like many others, knew this wasn't long off, but preferred not to think about it. Pretend it wasn't so close. Yet, when it happens and hits you like a truck, and you're not prepared. I still can't believe, sure many of you can't either. But we all have to, to move on. And Steve would have wanted us to move on.
"Your time is limited", he said, "don't waste it living someone else's life". Not even his.
Steve was a visionary, and it's one of the purposes of a visionary to see his vision outlive him. Now we'll have to stay strong, both those who shared the vision with him and those, who loved and respected him and his work.
We shall remember what Steve did for us. And if he did it, feeling the limits of his time even more sharply, he knew he wasn't wasting it. Be strong. And keep going. I'd hug you all, if I was there, trust me - you're not alone.
Yours truly,
Bayandur "Rhayader" Pogosyan.

No comments:

Post a Comment